Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Post surgery update

On Friday July 31st I had surgery to remove an entire lobe from my right lung. The cancerous tumor was removed successfully and I am feeling much better. It has been just over eight weeks since then and I have started to see some changes in my Cushing's symptoms.

The night of the surgery, the nurses in the SICU (Surgical Intensive Care Unit) thought I was only reacting the massive amounts of drugs they were pumping me full of. I was smiling when I woke up. I was so happy. When they asked how I was feeling, I just kept saying how happy I was. I remember crying. Happy tears.

Finally, I was on the other side of this. Finally.

No more diagnosing. The thing in me that was causing me so much pain and suffering was finally out of me. The thing that didn't belong in me. The tumor.

I do have diabetes now, to add to the other symptoms. No telling how long I have actually had it though. I found out while I was in the hospital. The best thing I have noticed since surgery is my ability to walk normally. My joints and muscles aren't painful anymore. When I returned from California in May, I was using a walker, then a cane just to get around. Now I walk at a normal pace and can, mostly, keep up with people.

I will keep you updated as to the other changes that happen!

1 comment:

  1. Buy Iverheal 12 mg Online, which is an antiparasitic medicine. Ivermectin 12 mg is used to treat parasitic infections of your intestinal tract, skin, and eyes. Iverheal 12 mg contains Ivermectin, which belongs to a class of anthelmintic medicines. Ivermectin exists in a group of drugs called anthelmintics. Ivermectin Tablets functions by killing the parasite by paralyzing it. Ivermectin works by paralyzing the parasite or inactivating the parasite gut.
    Buy more Sexual product online click here BUY DRUG ONLINE

    ReplyDelete