Friday, October 16, 2009

Yep. I got stuck on the conference table today.

I took my boss' phone into our conference room this morning before our meeting. It was hard enough to get the phone out of his office (had to climb under the desk to unplug it), but then we had to set it up in the conference room. It wasn't working when I plugged it in, so I thought I would throw the cord across the table and have a member of our committee plug it in on the other side of the room. I leaned across the table, gave him the cord, and then just kind of - laid there. Bent over. Half way across the conference room table. I'm the only female in the room with six men. I was stuck.

I was getting that shock and burn feeling in my side under my arm each time I tried to get up. I tried to play it cool for a minute and then someone asked if I had a bad back. Nope. My boss explained I had recently (11 weeks ago today) had part of my lung out and was just getting the feeling back.

Two professors helped me off the table - at which point I already had tears in my eyes - both from the pain and from embarrassment.

Really. Oi!

No comments:

Post a Comment