Friday, November 6, 2009

Tests suck. They just do.

Wednesday morning I was injected via IV with a radioactive agent. Went back later that day for a short scan (about 15 minutes) of the abdomen and pelvis. At lunch in between around 12:30. Last meal until 7 p.m. Thursday. Long scans (3 @ 40 minutes each) Thursday afternoon, then I started drinking contrast for my CT scan at 5 p.m. After a three step bowel prep Wednesday night, all day on Thursday it did it's job. Drinking contrast hit my stomach and didn't all stay. Around 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, I threw up. No good. They told me I didn't need to drink anymore, which was good because if I had I would had just thrown up more. I was not feeling good at all. I was taken back, changed into the gorgeous gowns and pants provided, then brought back to the CT machine. I laid there while the techs tried to find a good vein for an IV. Another one. After beating the crud out of my hands and arms, one tech found a vein. They injected me with another contrast, twice (once for my head and once for the rest of my body).

By the time I left the hospital, I was weak and sick feeling. Craig took me to dinner where I ate very slowly and drank a lot of liquid. Today, I am home to recover.

1 comment:

  1. vilitra 10 mg It increases blood flow to the penis to help men get an erection. It works by helping to relax the blood vessels in your penis, allowing blood to flow into your penis when you get sexually excited

    ReplyDelete