Friday, November 6, 2009

Tests suck. They just do.

Wednesday morning I was injected via IV with a radioactive agent. Went back later that day for a short scan (about 15 minutes) of the abdomen and pelvis. At lunch in between around 12:30. Last meal until 7 p.m. Thursday. Long scans (3 @ 40 minutes each) Thursday afternoon, then I started drinking contrast for my CT scan at 5 p.m. After a three step bowel prep Wednesday night, all day on Thursday it did it's job. Drinking contrast hit my stomach and didn't all stay. Around 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, I threw up. No good. They told me I didn't need to drink anymore, which was good because if I had I would had just thrown up more. I was not feeling good at all. I was taken back, changed into the gorgeous gowns and pants provided, then brought back to the CT machine. I laid there while the techs tried to find a good vein for an IV. Another one. After beating the crud out of my hands and arms, one tech found a vein. They injected me with another contrast, twice (once for my head and once for the rest of my body).

By the time I left the hospital, I was weak and sick feeling. Craig took me to dinner where I ate very slowly and drank a lot of liquid. Today, I am home to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment